Social Blog – library intranet

Just another Sussex Blogs site

Cornwall Camping Recommendations?

Jun

5

Hello,

I’m looking for a good place to go tent camping in Cornwall. I’m thinking mid-Cornwall, rather than Penzance, Land’s End or anything that far, but I am open to suggestions. I’m seeking a very basic campsite, with a toilet and hot shower block, but no pool, evening entertainment, kids playground or any of that tut ideally.

I know these things are always best found by word of mouth because farmers with small holdings and the like don’t tend to have websites 🙂 A place where small camp-fires were allowed would be amazing, but I know that’s asking a bit much (although I do know of an excellent farmers’ field in Dorset where it’s ok, so they do exist!)

If anyone knows of such a place, or a good camping book which has small-scale places in it, please let me know.

In fact, any recommendations of good countryside places to go down there would be welcome too – woodland walks, sandy beaches etc. Ooooh, I can’t wait! 🙂

Cheers,

Julia W

One Response to “Cornwall Camping Recommendations?”

1. Rose Lock says:

http://www.henryscampsite.co.uk/

We really enjoyed this one. Very relaxed, they will rent you a brazier for a couple of pounds, a short walk to the cliff walks and sandy beaches of the Lizard. It’s a bit of a way but one to think about.

Rose.