Goodbye to Nicola!

The SAAT team are sad to announce that Nicola Trathen, our Service Design Programme Officer, is leaving us today. Nikki has had a long history with Sussex University, having completed her undergraduate and postgraduate studies with us, later returning to work in SSRO.

Sara Hinchliffe, Service Design Manager, would like to express how much she’ll miss Nikki’s ‘gentle mastication’

Nikki was seconded to the programme in January 2017, and in her short time here she has worked on services such as My Progression and Assessment, External Examiners, and My Digital Skills.

Sarah Hardman, our Programme Manager, said “having Nicola join the programme on secondment has been a hugely positive experience, and her departure will be a huge loss to the programme and the university. People of her calibre are few and far between, but if her attitude, skills and enthusiasm are representative of those of colleagues across the university, then I look forward even more to working with others as secondees to the team, or in various guises throughout the programme’s service design and implementation phases”.

Nicola says she has enjoyed her time with SAAT, and would like to say “thanks so much to everyone on the SAAT team for making me feel so welcome. If I could stay on the programme I would but I’ve had a great time and will be sad to say goodbye!”

Fun and games – Nicola endures a forfeit during her last week

Read Nikki’s blog post about being seconded onto the SAAT programme

Posted in Uncategorised