Social Blog – library intranet

Just another Sussex Blogs site

Managing Agents

Apr

12

Hello,

Currently the block of flats in which I live are managed by “Parsons Son and Basley” with whom we are less than happy.  Can anyone out there recommend an alternative?  Equally if you know of one that should be avoided would you please let me know.  All comments much appreciated.

Thanks.

Peter

6 Responses to “Managing Agents”

1. Sam says:

Parsons Sons & Basley were second only to Tanat Jones in the ‘I want all estate agents dead’ competition that ran between the day I was born and the day I’ll die. So yeah, cross ’em off your Xmas card list, is my point…

2. staff says:

Thanks Sam. Is a visit from a Tanat Jones agent accompanied by just a whiff of sulphur perhaps? I’m already getting the impression that the category “Managing Agents you can recommend” isn’t going to be exactly busting at the seams with entries. However those “not to be recommended” might be just a matter of consulting the telephone directory. Still I live in hope (which is, of course, a lie…I’ve never even visited).

3. Peter says:

Can add “Brotherton” (thanks Paul) to the list of estate agents who should be consigned to either Dante’s Fourth or Eighth Circle of Hell. Perhaps in my original posting the word “recommend” was a tad strong. So, are there managing agents out there that inspire a feeling which stops just short of loathing? Anyone?

Peter

4. Jo says:

Hello Peter! I used to have Jonathan Rolls as a managing agent, and I never had any major problems with them; they were relatively quick to respond to noise issues and broken things in the hallways, etc.

Wilkins Residential are also not so terrible, but in a ‘charmingly ineffective’ as opposed to ‘Dante’s slaves’ kind of way.

Hope this helps…and good luck!

5. Diarmuid says:

Hi Peter,
    We’ve been with Town and Country for the past 4 years and they’ve always been very good, quick to solve problems, don’t charge for contract renewals etc. Someone once told me they had problems with their returning of a deposit but I can’t comment on that… Best of luck!

Dxx

6. Peter says:

Thank you Jo and Diarmuid (and Jill and Mel) for your feedback – most helpful. Jonathan Rolls have now had two recommendations which must, surely, in the dark world of managing agents, make them something approaching saints. So two names to work with. In general I’m wondering if managing agent dolls complete with a set of pins would be a big seller…

Any further yeas or nays welcome.