Print vs. Digital

Three reasons why I use print over digital:
1. I hate staring at a screen. I’ve had several essay deadlines recently and have consequently been staring at a screen up to 6 hours a day. Reading from a screen takes the fun out of reading and I’m sure it’s contributed to giving me headaches and tiredness.
headache-clipart-izs017427
2. I get so easily distracted by things I don’t want to be distracted by. The urge to quickly check facebook becomes overwhelming when reading a dense reading online or writing a long essay. Once on facebook, it’s difficult for me to avoid getting distracted by friends or articles and before I know it, 30 minutes passes before I go back to working. With printed books, procrastination tends to just consist of making cups of tea, chatting to friends or stretching my legs outside; all things that are likely to make me come back and feel slightly fresher.
cupoftea2
3. Reading a book makes me absorb more information. I tend to read readings online as fast as possible to get it out of the way, whereas I enjoy holding a book in my hands and am far more likely to re-read something that I didn’t fully understand.
reading-a-book

Three reasons why I use digital over print:
1. It doesn’t weigh anything. I have enough things to carry around campus and carrying books is such a faff.

Sometimes it feels like I'm cycling with all my possessions.

Sometimes it feels like I’m cycling to uni with all my possessions.

2. I can’t leave it anywhere. I always have access to digital readings because there is wifi all around campus and at home.
images
3. It saves a lot of time. I can ask people for readings and they can just copy and paste a link, I don’t have to spend time looking for books in the library and I can search for keywords instantly, meaning I can skim read entire books and know that I’ve covered most of the relevant information.

My tutor recently emailed me useful resources.

One thought on “Print vs. Digital

1. Hi there.
    This is the first time I read something from your blog and I am nicely impressed, because it is like you are reading my mind.
    To be a blogger is just amazing thing and I love it! Thanks for the insights and the nice words!
    One question: Which free blogging platform you consider better for new bloggers who has zero experience after WP – HubPages or Blogr?

Kindest regards :Sam