Emotional Cocktail

I was thinking about what to write for my last blog post this academic year on a plane on my way back home. As I was choosing which memories to include in this paragraph, a cocktail of emotions was short-circuiting my brain. Excitement about coming back home with the bitterness of leaving my friends; nostalgia about everything that happened before I left for England and while I was in Brighton; and optimism about my second year. All of them were competing against each other but happiness prevailed.

Writing this post just didn’t go as planned. Until today I never got around to it, it was always “I’m gonna write it tomorrow”.

A huge part of my first year was working with SAGE and being a student rep. Experiences that will benefit me in life without a doubt. As far as being a student rep is concerned, I’m happy with the work we did and all the improvements we made. I’m also thankful to the students who participated in this and their feedback which helped me to win the “USSU Outstanding contribution to student representation” award.

USSU-Outstanding-Contribution-to-Student-Representation

Working with SAGE, our library, Eva, Lucy, Ant and everyone else was really fun! I enjoyed every meeting, coffee and conference we attended. Doing something you like with people you get along well with makes every obligation fun and much easier. I’m really looking forward to our second year.

Well, that’s it! First year’s over, let’s wait and see what the second year brings!