Summer Fun

In all honesty I gave little thought to preparing for my third year once I had, thankfully, secured a 2:1 last term. I was far more interested in my summer plans which consisted of working for the National Citizens Service, an internship at the SAGE London office and a couple of holidays thrown in for good measure. I worked with the National Citizens Service and The Challenge organising and running activities for 15-17 year olds. The young people created their own local charity campaigns under my guidance which challenged my public speaking, management and organisation skills! I absolutely loved it and would recommend it to any student who wants to try something new in the long uni summers.

The internship at SAGE was a totally different but equally enjoyable experience. Eva and I were immersed in the world of design, marketing and product research – you can read about all of this in our last blog! It was so refreshing to try new things, discover new skills and interact with professionals in the publishing sector.

So here I am in my third week of my third year and I am still no closer to finding what I want to do when I graduate next year. However, I have begun my dissertation as well as starting two modules this term so it’s really all about planning my reading and writing time. You’ll be hearing much more about my reading materials and how I am balancing my work load in future blog entries.

Finally, I would like to welcome our new writer Isabelle who will be joining us on the SAGE scholarship!