Sussex TEL: Teaching with Tech S02 E04 – Blending Classroom Teaching with Online Learning in your VLE with Claire Fennell
In this episode, we talk to Claire Fennell, a Senior Instructional Designer at University College Cork in Ireland, about how to blend classroom teaching with online learning in your virtual learning environment (VLE). As we approach a new academic year, it’s a great opportunity to think about how you can build, update or redesign a site in your VLE to integrate aspects of online learning into your classroom teaching. Claire introduces the ADDIE model of instructional design and a range of interactive tools, such as Sway, Roojoom, Google Forms and Screencast-o-matic, which can help to enhance teaching and learning in both online and offline spaces. Check out this episode for tons of useful tips, tools and strategies for creating effective blended learning activities for your learners.
– Twitter: @clairefennel (https://twitter.com/clairefennell)
– Profile at University College Cork (https://www.ucc.ie/en/teachlearn/people/clairefennell/)
– Microsoft Sway (https://sway.com/)
– Roojoom (https://www.roojoom.com/)
– GSuite for Education (https://edu.google.com/)
– Google Forms (https://www.google.co.uk/forms/about/)
– Google Docs (https://www.google.com/docs/about/)
– Microsoft Forms (https://forms.office.com/)
– Office 365 (https://www.office.com/)
– Screencastify (https://www.screencastify.com/)
– Screencast-o-matic (https://screencast-o-matic.com/)
– Zoom (https://zoom.us/)
Places are filling up fast on our Canvas Fundamentals training workshops. We strongly encourage all Sussex academic staff to sign up for a place. Attending the workshop will familiarise you with Canvas and your options for teaching with the new VLE. It also gives you space to work on your migrated module content from 17/18.
Professional Services staff are also welcome to book a place on this workshop, although we are in contact with several School Administrators to arrange specific sessions for School Office staff.